Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Long Slog

It's my brain that's turned to mush, not what's underfoot...

Going through one of my old Calvin and Hobbes books the other day I stumbled upon this:


It always amazes me how Bill Watterson could encapsulate so much of the human condition in a comic following a hyperactive, overimaginative kid and make it relevant to me and my life from the time I was 7 or 8 until today.

My current routine is Work. School. Fuckton of homework. Pitifully inadequate sleep. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. I know I have a problem since I dream I'm falling asleep while plugging away on a CAD project at work, only to snap myself awake and notice that I'm in bed and my alarm will be going off within 5 minutes. My dreams are far too literal. I can't even escape work or class in them anymore. Haven't set a paddle to water since May, haven't fired a round in about as long either. I haven't even been good and drunk in a long time. Extracurricular opportunities are far too thin on the ground at the moment. This absolutely blows.

1 comment:

kissyface said...

I just read your old art "history" post. Hilarious.

Glad you're writing again. Me? Just barely.

the word verification reads "woe be." yikes.