Monday, March 26, 2007

Kayak update

New ride on the way

Well, I found a deal that can't be beat and ordered a Cape Horn (15-footer) for about half of what it usually goes for after vendor markups. Yay me. I know, I know, I had a poll and a heart set on the Hurricane Kayaks™ Tracer, but I'm not going to say no to 50% off on one of three boats I had settled on after perusing brochures, catalogs, and websites for weeks.

I should mention I was also looking at one of these wooden kayaks; you get a kit with the pre-cut wood panels, epoxy, and fiberglass. The buildup time covers several weeks (letting layers of epoxy cure, mostly.) One of these would be great on Saturdays. I could work on it with cases of beer. I'd either finish the boat or get hammered. Hell, I could hit the jackpot: get wasted, and finish the boat. Either way, I win.

The new one should be here this weekend. I've dropped the ball on kayaking lately, between my classwork and a list of house- and yard-related honeydews half a mile long. Not to mention, kayaking isn't as much fun without taking a camera to document the trip. Hopefully that will be fixed soon too. Either way, I'm looking forward to getting back out there. Not to mention, since I'll be holding on to the Pelican, now I can take someone along.

No comments: