Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hiatus (and morphine-induced haze)

Sorry, all! Just spent the last six days in the hospital. I was stupid enough to let an easily-cured condition get out of hand, and wound up with a staph infection. Two hours of surgery to remove a badly abcessed cyst, a truckload of IV antibiotics to make the staph infection my bitch, and a few days of observation in the hospital on top of all that. Woo-hoo. At least they loaded me chock-a-block full of painkillers. Right now I'm on Percocet (and the morphine shot I got this morning before the dressing change on the wound feels purty good too).

Now that I'm out of the hospital, I have three weeks of convalescent leave to look forward to. Time to continue this quitting-smoking-thingy, as long as medical keeps bankrolling my nicotine patches. Hadn't had a cigarette i nthree days when I was discharged this morning. Bummed one. Remembered how nasty the damn things are. Spent ten f---ing minutes brushing my teeth afterwards. Hopefully no more of that...
Laters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone