Monday, October 20, 2008

Art History 101

This is why I'll never be tenured

One of my first courses in school was an art history overview. I don't think well enough should be left alone, and I've had a few beers, so enjoy!




Domenico Ghirlandaio, "What's that on your nose, Grampa?" "Don't laugh you little bastard, you're next!", c.1480. Tempera and oil on wood ,The Louvre, Paris.

Here's a scene from Genesis, the expulsion from paradise:


Masaccio, GET THE FUCK OUT!, c. 1427, Fresco, Brancacci Chapel, Santa Maria del Carmine, Florence.


While I'm at it, why not tackle the death of Socrates?


Jacques-Louis David, Goddammit I said shaken, not stirred! Can any of you morons do anything right? 1787, Oil on canvas. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.

Or how about those horndog Arcadian shepherds?


Nicolas Poussin, For a good time, call... Hey, isn't that your number? c.1660. Oil on canvas, The Louvre, Paris.


I hope you've all enjoyed this tour of my twisted little art gallery. There's more to come.

R.

1 comment:

bulletholes said...

Made me laugh with your David!